Scope of Position:
The Shuttle/Van Driver is responsible for the safe and efficient transport of customers in passenger shuttles or vans. Shuttle/Van Drivers must provide a superior customer service experience for each passenger. In this visible role, it is important that the Shuttle Driver maintains a positive attitude and professional appearance at all times. The Shuttle/Van Driver reports to the Account Manager or Regional Manager where appropriate.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcomes each customer with a smile. Facilitates their access to and use of the establishment by offering information, direction and assistance.
- Treats all passengers in a courteous, friendly and professional manner.
- Operates passenger vans/shuttles safely and efficiently.
- Follows scheduled routes, chartered routes or responds to requests from management for unscheduled pick-ups or drop-offs.
- Kindly assists passengers in boarding and exiting the vehicle.
- Reports accidents, safety situations, vehicle condition, or damage to the Account Manager.
- Inspects exterior and interior of vehicle at beginning of each shift for properly operating headlights, turn signals, brake lights, interior lighting, air conditioning or heating, mirror adjustment, properly inflated tires, windshield wipers, etc. prior to driving the shuttle/van
- Ensures that both inside and outside of the vehicle are properly cleaned.
- Responsible for keeping van or shuttle fueled.
- Accurately completes driver trip sheet for each shift with information including driver number, vehicle number, number of passengers, pick-up and drop-off times, mileage, destinations, etc.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Strong communication skills (both written and oral).
- Must be 23 years old or older (for insurance purposes).
- Possess a valid driver’s license with specific class and endorsement based on the type of shuttle/van according to state requirements.
- Possess an official motor vehicle record that meets the recommended criteria outlined by our insurance carrier.
- Able to sit for up to 8 hours per shift.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds.
- Must be able to work outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Ability to complete log and trip sheets.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in a courteous manner in keeping with the Curbside philosophy.
- Problem solving skills and ability to make sound decisions.
We are currently hiring for this position in the following cities and towns:
- Columbus, GA - CDL and Non-CDL
- Jacksonville, FL -- CDL with P endorsement
- Melrose/Medford, MA - Must have a CDL - P endorsement
- Mequon, WI
- North Philadelphia, PA
- Ridgewood, NJ - Must have a CDL - P endorsement
- York, PA