Updated: November 24, 2015
In order to make purchases using the Curbside app, you will need to be a registered user, and it is your responsibility to protect your account and make sure that no one else has access to your password or uses your Curbside account. You are responsible for all purchases made using your account, even if made by someone other than you, and even if made without your permission or knowledge, unless we determine that you were the victim of fraud, hacking or other criminal activity that goes beyond just unauthorized use of your Curbside account.
Collection and Use of Information
When you use the Curbside app to browse nearby stores or find products, we will use your location information in order to identify the stores that are nearby.
If you sign up on the Curbside website, we will collect your full name, mobile phone number, email address, and a password of your choosing. You will then be directed to obtain the Curbside app to continue your registration process.
When you go to the Curbside app to continue your registration process, or if you begin your registration from within the Curbside app, we collect and store the following personal information:
- Account Info: Your full name, mobile phone number, email address, and a password of your choosing.
- Credit Card Info (optional): Credit card numbers, expiration dates, CVV codes, and name and billing address information.
- Rewards Card Info (optional): Rewards card or other customer loyalty numbers for stores available on the app, and/or alternative IDs that you use to obtain rewards card benefits.
- Location Information: Your current location (any time you open or access the app).
- Purchase Information: Store, item and quantity information (when you use the app to add items for pickup).
Credit card or rewards card information may instead be collected at checkout if you have not stored that information in the app, or if you want to use different information for a particular purpose.
We use the personal information we collect in the following ways:
- Account Access: Your email and password are used to validate your identity on login, and your email or mobile phone number may be used to send a “reset password” link when requested.
- Browse Nearby Stores: Your location is used to list stores nearby (or show them on a map) and to find products at those nearby stores.
- Purchases: Your name, address and credit card information are used to pay for your purchases, and when applicable, we also provide your customer rewards number or alternative ID (together with other information required by the store, if available to us).
- Pickups: Your location is used to determine when and where to meet you with your purchases, and your mobile phone number may be used to call or text you in order to coordinate the pickup.
- Special Offers: Your email may be used (unless you have opted out) to notify you about special offers, improvements and other changes to the app or to our business.
We may also collect and use anonymous information – such as mobile device type and connection information, as well as usage and traffic data – that does not specifically identify any user, but that may help us improve the app and the services we offer, and that may be shared with our business partners (but only on an aggregate and anonymous basis).
We may disclose your personal information if we determine that we are required to do so:
- To comply with applicable laws, or with legal process served on us;
- To protect or defend our rights or the rights of any of our users or business partners;
- To protect anyone’s rights, property or safety.
We may revise this policy from time to time — e.g., to keep up with changes in the law, or to reflect changes in how we are doing business — and so you should review this policy periodically to make sure you are ok with our current privacy practices.
The Curbside app is for adult users only, and none of its content or features are directed specifically at children under 13 years of age. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a user of the Curbside app is under age 13, we will suspend or terminate that user’s account and promptly delete any information stored about that user.
In addition, if we should ever sell our company or the Curbside app to a third party, then we expect that our database of user information would be one of the assets sold in such a transaction, and we would ask that the buyer notify you of any changes to this policy after the sale closes.
We understand that some users may have enabled a “do not track” feature or other mechanism intended to provide consumers with a choice regarding the collection of their personally identifiable information; however, consistent with our rights under applicable law, we do not respond to any such "do not track" requests or other signals sent from a web browser.
Any time you have any questions about this policy, or about our privacy practices in general, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get back to you as quickly as possible.